Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Quick Company

Artfully arranged within a short visit home, my sister made the drive down to visit us (with my Mom and little brother) so that we could meet the newest addition: my little niece!

The poor girl was cuddled and coddled more than you can imagine! My kids love this "cutie pie"! (When my sister figures out how to send video clips and I figure out how to post them- we've got some pretty hilarious footage to share!)
This is my first time to be an Auntie on my side... Mr. Man's brothers have children, but there's something awfully sweet about your own sister's child! I'm glad they made the 10 hour trek with a 5 week old only to stay for an afternoon, a sleepover (for some!) and a morning at the park before another 10 hour drive in the car!


The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here and we've enjoyed being outside practically all day every day! We went hiking and (new for us) letterboxing today and tomorrow plan on hitting some caves and a state park for a picnic with our friends.

Spring has finally sprung and it seems to make everything so much better - even being pregnant! (By the way I've passed my 20 week mark now so I'm more than half-way home... you can see my glow and weight gain here! I'm officially into maternity clothes now (though I still have that one last pair of low-rise jeans I can fit into!) and I only throw up about every other day now, so we're doing much better. I am exhausted practically all of the time, but I'm happy and enjoying the slower pace of life that spring and being outdoors bring!

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Looks like some great practice for your kiddos. Your baby is going to get so much attention. You look fantastic, Renee. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...