Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why I can't run for public office...

We just returned from one of the most frustrating grocery shopping trips ever (or at least it seems like it, since it’s been so long since we’ve had one). I needed merely basics, and was searching (at the third store) for some non-roasted sunflower seeds for making my granola. It’s really not that big of a deal, but I always cringe when my boys go rushing to find the “little” grocery carts. You see, either there are none, or only one available. None is better than one; they both throw a tantrum and I drag two unhappy boys through the produce isle and usually by the time we hit the bananas they’ve forgotten their misery. One means double trouble: the prospect of having to share and incessant successive tantrums through the whole grocery shopping experience. Today there was one. I could bore you with the tales of screaming and gnashing of teeth that ensued as I dragged one and chased another, all while fighting a headache and the urge to simply abandon both boys and guzzle a gallon of cold lemonade, but I wont. Instead I will scream in silence as my mounting frustration finds an inner outlet. AGHHHHHHH!

All in all the trip was successful, we all arrived home and the boys are watching The Magic School Bus while I sip my lemonade juice box and prepare to make my granola with the hard-to-find sunflower seeds. I’m more frustrated at my own temper and the fact that while there are people everywhere fighting much bigger battles and generating world peace while I struggle with two little children and can’t even hold it together long enough to get through the check-out. I hate that I’m 26 and still throwing temper tantrums. AGHHHHHHH!

Vote for me in 2008.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Join the club, sista! Not only are you the mother of 3 little ones, you are a PREGNANT mother to three little ones! That's enough to make anyone a little nuts! Forgive yourself (and the kiddies) and look forward to a fantastic rest of the day! ENJOY the granola!

Anne Marie said...

May I just say that some of my grumpiest times have been at the grocery store. Shopping with kids can bring out my worst behavior. You are definitely not alone.

libbie said...

You definitely have my vote! I feel your pain. Seems like grocery stores just do that to little kids. Its almost like they are required to throw tantrums! My girls are so good at it! I think you are a great mom! I can barely handle two!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud right now!! You make me laugh, and I'll definitely give you my vote!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the memories!! This to shall pass and you will share this blog with your boys' wives as they go through a similar experience. This is part of 'the circle of life'! You've got my vote!!!

Anonymous said...

I think there is an "R" and only 6 "H's" in ARGHHHHHH!

The benefits of the scream are still the same.

Michelle said...

renee, i'm voting for you simply because you kept the scream silent! yesterday i had two really out loud screams :).

Lori said...

Just blame the pregnancy. I've had lots of tantrums as of late because of my super short fuse. It's okay - especially after I apologize! Hang in there.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...