Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Employed

I recently acquired a little part-time job. It's no big deal, but as someone who has been unemployed for what feels like centuries, I want to jump up and down and squeal every time I think about it. I was asked to apply for the position and was recommended by a professor who described me as an exceptional student - go me, right! The interviews were simple and sweet and now I am an undergraduate TA (teacher's assistant) to one of my favorite professors from last year. Basically I do her dirty work - grading and such, but will also be subbing for her when she has other obligations during her class time. Last weekend I started grading, editing, papers. Oh my. It's tedious work, but also interesting. Mr. T saw me grading and asked what I was doing. I explained to him my new little job. Of course he was interested in what I was being paid and couldn't believe I was making so much: $9.06 an hour (gotta love that extra six cents)! While the extra money is a bonus, I'm mostly doing this for my resume. However, after asking how many hours I had already worked, Mr. T announced to everyone: "Don't bug Mom! She just made 27 dollars and several cents!" In his eyes, I am a millionaire. And because I am his mother, I feel like one.

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds like you're really establishing quite a reputation for yourself. You go, girl!

libbie said...

Thats awesome! Good job girlfriend!

Amy said...

I love that Mr. T is counting your money! Sounds like you are making a good name for yourself:)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...