Saturday, September 03, 2011

Shy

{circa 2008}

As a young child I was painfully shy. I don't think that all of that shyness will ever go completely away. While my confidence has developed, my social skills increased, I am still at times a shy child trapped in an adult's body.

We seem to move regularly and I am usually the last in the family to make friends. The really good kinds of friends, not just "meet the neighbors" kind. (Though sometimes neighbors can become those good friends!) It takes me a while, but it's always been worth the wait. I have been continually blessed with some of the greatest people in the world as friends. And maybe that's why I think of those few, from everywhere I've lived, quite often. You stick out. You left an impression on me, and gosh darn it I miss you.

Little E had one of those forms to fill out at school that asked "How do you feel about coming back to school?" He replied so honestly that I had immediate empathy: "I feell shi about going to scool becuse I mit not be abl to see my old friends." I get it. And I hope he has not only my shyness but my blessing of good friends, because then it will be worth the wait.

3 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

I always enjoy your insights- Tell your hubby hello for me

Amy said...

I was a shy little violet as well, and brave as I am now, I still encounter a few situations that leave me feeling more than shy:) Mostly with my in-laws:)

I enjoyed your two previous posts as well . . . I so need to get more organized!

Boyz Zone said...

I loved seeing this picture!! It made me so happy!!! I miss you too! It is so nice to know that even though we are miles and miles apart good friends are always there for each other! Love ya!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...