Friday, September 09, 2011

Dinner Table Conversations

Some dinner conversations are more lively than others.
Inevitably, each night Mr. Man is asked by one of the kids, "So, what's in the news?"
The other night we never made it to that point, and I wanted to highlight some of the conversation that took place. It was a keeper and Mr. Man and I found ourselves laughing more than eating.

Background: I had tried a new recipe and asked for the kids to rate the dinner out of 5 stars. Also, Miss J is in the middle of trying out and selecting an instrument for school. Lastly, we recently found out about a great deal where we can purchase a family pass to go to all of the dress rehearsals for our town's orchestra, and we are looking forward to taking the kids to some, and having some for date night.

Mr. T: "This is so good. I give it five stars."

Little E: "I don't like it."

Me: "So would you give it one star then?"

Little E: "Nope. No stars."

Miss J: "I can't decide if I'm going to play violin or flute for band/orchestra."

Mr. Man: "Why is it called band/orchestra."

Miss J: "Because an instrument is either in a band or an orchestra. Brass is band, string is orchestra."

Mr. Man: "That's not exactly true. There are brass instruments in orchestra."

Mr. T: "What's an orchestra?"

Me: "Oh wow! You're going to get to find out really soon."

Mr. Man: "That's right, Mr. T - you are going to be cultured whether you like it or not."

Mr. T: "What's cultured mean?"

Little E: "It means tortured. We're already being tortured eating this food."

It's impossible to capture the moments. But I had to at least try!

4 comments:

Memories On The Go said...

Too funny!!! Thanks for bringing us into your home and right up to the dinner table ;)

Scott and Tisha said...

really funny, I can picture the whole thing in my head- what was dinner?? and what was the overall rating?

Amy said...

I don't want to type lol byt that post really did make me laugh out loud! Bring on the torture! (and p.s thanks for following:))

Amy said...

oops, i meant "but" instead of "byt"

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...