Sunday, October 03, 2010

I don't bribe my kids; I use incentives


General Conference went over well at our house. On top of our regular traditions, we added silly bands to the mix: the new "rage" at school for acquiring and trading. For every talk they listened to, and could tell me three things that were discussed, they would receive a silly band. We had some very attentive listeners and note-takers. I'm surprised and impressed at the messages they grasped and the depth of their learning. And thankful for quiet children so I could listen and absorb as well.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Great Idea! Love that!

Kendra said...

so funny! we used silly bands for our Conference Bingo winners today! Those things are taking over our house!

Laura said...

love it!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...