Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stepping Stones

The toddler and I have been spending too much time together... I've caught his nasty cold and in true adult fashion is has nearly killed me. I know I'll live, but it's crazy how incapacitating a cold can be. At any rate, the little man is starting to dry up a bit from his cold, and even his boogers are getting dry. I caught him picking his nose the other day and asked him what he was digging for. He replied, without a second thought: "Stepping stones."

He's been spending a lot of time lately at the duck pond feeding the ducks and loves to walk around on the stepping stones there... but still a weird response.

He continued, as he pulled out a big crusty one: "Stepping stones make a good snack."

I pulled his finger away from his mouth and offered a different snack, since stepping stones really aren't good for us... and are, well, gross.

"Nope," he corrected me, "the firefighter said it's good to eat stepping stones for snack."

We've been working on fire safety and went through a little firehouse demo where we advised the kids to listen to what the firefighters said, because it could save your life.

Still, I wonder how his little mind works.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Cute.. Sorry you are sick. Your posts always make me smile and brighten my day.. love those little ones. .. stepping stones and all.. :)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...