Monday, February 02, 2009

Six More Weeks of Winter

We woke up this morning to our traditional groundhog day breakfast. So simple - just an egg, cheese and piece of ham poking out the hole of a bagel to see his shadow! Believe it or not, the kids BEG for "groundhogs" all year long (we only make them with a bagel on February 2nd).

Punxsutawney Phil's results created a bit of drama in our home... complete with tears, temper tantrums and death threats:

But we still plan on having our groundhog day party and festivities. Hope yours is a good one.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You always have the cutest ideas! Love the "Groundhogs" breakfast.

Shawny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawny said...

That picture makes me hungry! But as you know that's about all I am these days. Cute idea!

libbie said...

Thats a really good idea! But then again . . . you are always full of those! You should write a book and send it to me, so I can copy you, because I, am SO not creative!

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

I've never seen anyone do that. What a great idea for groundhog day! btw--- I noticed that you commented on Jenny in Kansas' blog. How do you know each other? (Laura's Mom)

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

Oh, if you wish to email me... fint10@sbcglobal.net

I love your parenting/teaching creativity and your writing.

Amy said...

Your nose picking game was so funny! What a creative problem solver you are!!

I have never heard of a groundhog breakfast. I love the idea though and I think I am going to make it for my lunch right this very moment!

Jennifer said...

So my question is does anyone ever follow up with the Groundhog's prediction? Is he always right? :)

Groundhog's breakfast....what a "hoot".

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...