Saturday, February 14, 2009

Play Acting

He's not Batman or Darth Vader. He's my dear Wesley, from the movie the boys call "The Man in Black" otherwise titled, "The Princess Bride." Today they were role playing that movie... it was hilarious to watch.
Princess Buttercup. In mourning. I couldn't get a smile out of her for the life of me.
The Spaniard. And to hear him say who he is is hilarious. "I'm the is pan yard." The outfit, you may not remember from the feature film... however he wears this daily and he can be whomever he pleases while wearing it. It came for Baby J, it's a size 2T and WAY too small. But the minute he gets home from wherever we have been his clothes are off and this is on. The sword does help with the character development. I totally suggest reading the book too if you haven't. Hilarious.



6 comments:

Camille said...

So cute! You have a group of actors on your hands. Did you just finish the book? Or just watch the movie? I was terrified of that movie as a child, it still kinda creeps me out.

Unknown said...

This is my favourite movie of all time. Did you know that at our Vancouver reception, guests were required to quote any line from that movie in order to make us kiss! I LOVE that story! :)

Jennifer said...

What a great movie! So cute to see your kids re enacting it :) So you would recommend the book? I was thinking of bringing it to bookclub as an option

Kristy said...

Love it! That is such a terrific movie. Ro used to be scared of the shrieking eels, so we haven't seen it in a long time. Probably time to try again.

Nick and Anne Priest said...

I love that movie! Your kids are so cool to be acting it out.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Jen - if you check back here the book is GREAT for bookgroup! We did it in Lawrence years ago when I was there... funny background behind it, but basically word for word as the movie!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...