Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Should I Be Worried?

We've been learning about money lately and Mr. T keeps suggesting he make his own money. We have even had a long discussion not only about the consequences of such actions, but the effect on the world and the economy if we all just made our own money. He still thinks it's an ingenious idea.

Mr. T has also been talking a lot about building a robot - or two. When asked to practice piano: "I wish I had a robot that could practice piano for me, don't you Mom?" When asked to do his job: "I'm going to build a robot that will do all my jobs for me. Do you want one to do your jobs too, Mom?" The robot will also do his schoolwork, make his bed, share with his brother while he plays by himself somewhere else, go to the grocery store, etc. Sounds good to me... though I'm beginning to think that laziness, not necessity, is the mother of invention.

Today we sat down together to do a craft. We had several balls of yarn out along with other supplies. I left him with the first step for a moment while I did something and he called out rather worried: "Um, Mom, are you going to tell me what exactly we're building here... cause I'm a little worried about being left alone building a bomb." I was shocked as to why he would bring up such a thing. Apparently he's been thinking about how to build a bomb, and he's sure you need a LOT of yarn. I didn't correct him on the materials for building a bomb (no need to feed that interest) but just redirected him on to the next step of our, ironically, valentine craft.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Man, I have a few rolls in the basement. I hope the FBI doesn't hear about it!

Laura said...

I won't tell Uncle W about the making money business....

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...