Saturday, September 20, 2008

For Kristy with Love

We did our first family walk for a cause this morning and it was "Breast Cancer Awareness." We had a fun time together, and it was neat to see all the survivors being recognized beforehand aswell - what hope. They each stated how long they have been cancer-free, and it ranged from 20 years to 11 weeks! We started right at the farmer's market where we got some corn for tonight and apples for our walk. I had wanted to do this alone, but it was neat to do it all together... even if it meant the kids giving up sleeping in and Saturday morning cartoons (what a life)! Check out my cute breastfed baby! It was just over a mile, but we came prepared with both a stroller and wagon. Meeting up with friends made it so we hardly used the wagon at all - all that kid energy is contagious. So here's for a cure and at the least, awareness. And sending our friend a big hug as she undergoes chemo.




5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

What an awesome experience!

Camie said...

Beautiful post Renee--I love what you did and what you wrote.

Mamabug said...

A great family experience!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to see you getting involved in good causes! My friends and I run the Komen Race each year and we all have friends that have passed on or beaten it, so it's really close to our hearts. I hope you guys have found a new family tradition with this one!

singin'mama said...

Renee, I love how you involve your children and creating more awareness in them. These are the times they will remember. I can see big J in high school campaigning for causes like these.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...