Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Home Evening Fun

For Family Home Evening (I capitalize because I think it's important) today, Mr. T was in charge of the lesson. Typically he has us act out his favourite Book of Mormon story of Ammon with all the cutting off of arms and such. Today we had a startling change, and instead we were Nephi's family building a ship! I sat on the couch murmuring (due to a headache) since I was Lemuel... though I was a pretty good Sariah for a while... bossing my boys into doing all the work. The kids were adorable, and in the end we had to cut them off from their play since we had a dinner invitation (and people with four kids never have dinner invitations) otherwise they would have continued playing forever. I love their little costumes, and especially the power tools they used to build the ship. And no, those are not hangers, those are bows; not straws, but a quiver full of arrows. And Miss J, a daughter of Ishmael, is not dumping more dirt on my dirty entryway rug, but gathering water from a well for our long trip at sea. I love these little imaginations, and I love that they love the scriptures.










4 comments:

Shawny said...

So fun. Love the costumes, especially baby's!

Anne Marie said...

I love your kids' imaginations. Looks like a perfect FHE.

Hoosier Mama said...

wish i would have thought of this! I'm still waiting for a post about what's buzzing amongst the primary age children after church. I am still laughing about it!

Mamabug said...

Dinner invites are a rarity -I hope it was yummy! I liked the ship and all that hard work going on.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...