Saturday, August 23, 2008

Homeschooling Affects Siblings

Homeschooling has given my baby, whom I admit I dote on, more time to play on his own. Here are a few of his talents that he has more time to hone now.






New words this week are, of course, "Oooot" = "shoot" and "Oooon" = "moon" - from his favourite book! We may have another initial consonant omiter!

Also, the four year old needed some incentive to clean and something to occupy his time, so I pulled out an old stray sock that I once upon a time I had big plans to turn into a cute dusting sock. You know, full of pom poms for noses, googly eyes, string hair... instead I told him to draw whatever he wanted, and in the end I had Luke Skywalker helping to clean my house. The great thing, is that I can throw it in the wash and we can draw and dust again next week!!!

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Love the sequence of basketball pics. What a cute boy. Great idea with the "dusting" sock.

Mamabug said...

Maybe I should use that idea also with the sock - we always have a mateless sock floating around - more than I like in fact. Instead we get our house clean by making cookies and making them "earn" their cookies. But Homeschooling is fun! I love it!

Jennifer said...

That sock is cracking me up. Great idea.

Amy said...

I LOVE those pictures of your baby boy with the basketball and hoop! I just told Kai that is what we should get Bubba for his birthday!! I also love the sock idea. Who knew Luke was so good at cleaning!
I wish you were here so that I could bounce ideas around wit you for my book. I am scared to have you as an editor now, but you sure would be fun to brainstorm with!

Lily said...

Baby looks like he could go pro anytime! Great pics. Great sock idea too- I keep putting socks aside to do all the pom-pom, googly eyed thing but much easier to give them a marker and tell them to "go crazy".

Jeanette said...

What a great idea, thanks!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...