Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Future Husband

Lists... amazingly I have been all about lists my entire life! I love the feeling of checking something off... sometimes I will even write down something I've already done that wasn't written on my list, just to have the satisfaction of seeing it checked off. Lame, I know. But that's the way I am. In my Youth Conference research, I came across a list I had made years ago (when I was between 14 and 17) about what I wanted in my future husband:





In case you can't see, it reads:
good looks
not hairy
gentleman
active member
understanding
RM
creative
good job
outgoing
wants to go to the temple
put up with kids
smart
taller than me
nice eyes
fit
smile
sense of humor
knows the scriptures
good at sports
good personality

I think I pretty much got what I wanted! Check. Love you babe.

10 comments:

Lily said...

How sweet...and reassusing eh!

Lily said...

I meant to say reassuring. Ugh, I better go to bed :(

Jenny said...

Love it. I have my list too and got everything I wanted. Funny how that works!!

Jennifer said...

it is so fun to come across old lists. It always makes me smile.

Unknown said...

haha, love that you said "put up with kids". That's funny to me.
Love it!

Shawny said...

"Not hairy"--now that's too funny!

Anonymous said...

pretty much isn't "reassuring"

libbie said...

That not hairy one is a definite must.

lani said...

What a great list--I love that "not hairy" is #2 on the list :) Priorities, girl!

Laura said...

Every time I am around you two, it's like being with a couple of newlyweds. A guy that's everything on your must-have list, I think they call it a "good on paper guy," is nice to have; but what you two have is so much more than that. A couple that is "good on paper" but also shares a deep, meaningful love, caring, compassion, trust, commitment, and passion with one another is a rare gem. The list was a great start (I must agree with the not hairy part), but what you ended up with has exceeded it in such a beautiful way. See, now you can add more great qualities to the list and check them off!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...