Thursday, August 07, 2008

Finally!

I was born at a very young age, and have waited my whole life to turn my favourite number... and today, I finally did - I am 28! My brother-in-law asked how long I've been telling people I'm 21, but so far I relish turning older, and especially this year (though my mud pie was a bit blinding with all those 28 candles!)


I had a great day being spoiled with delicious food and special gifts, but mostly spent it like this:

My little guy came down with something, and I basically held him most of the day, while reading (um, devouring) my new birthday book. The kids were thrilled that Mommy let them play the Star Wars video game and Barbie.com (you can guess who did what) as a special birthday activity (yeah kids, whatever, just let me read my new book!) The the two boys had a birthday party to attend this evening, so Mr. Man took Miss J, Baby J and I out to Olive Garden (my favourite). It was a nice treat, and so easy with just those two - perhaps we should have spaced our kids out more :) Anyways, I remembered that last year on my birthday I was at Olive Garden too -with two good friends who have since abandoned me (i.e. their husbands have graduated and gotten jobs and moved far far away), and I was a week overdue! This year is a bit strange in that my last baby has been birthed and is now a walking/talking little boy. I admit, I cried.


So happy birthday to me... as my four year old tells me, I look like a monkey, and I smell like one too!

16 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like a perfect day. Hope you get lots of time to enjoy Breaking Dawn.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday!! We love you!

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like so much fun! I liked turning 28!

Jodie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! I loved you first line: "I was born at a very young age.." haha! Glad you had a fun day--and I hope Breaking Dawn is every bit as good as we all expect!

Jennifer said...

"You've had a birthday shout hooray!!"

I cannot wait to hear how you enjoyed "the book" that we are all reading this week :)

Sounds like you had a great day.

And thumbs up for Olive Garden bread sticks.

Camie said...

Sniff, sniff. I remember that wonderful, but kind of subdued, birthday dinner we celebrated last year. You had your leg propped up on the bench at Olive Garden. I'm sure this year you had a baby propped up by you instead! I love your reading picture! And it's so fun to be reading the same book at the same time as my friends!! I just finished last night and I loved it! I had to do my reading in the wee hours of the morning in order to enjoy it!

Hoosier Mama said...

happy happy birthday! my book should be arriving on saturday - i can't wait - maybe we need a special book review night for this book for those that have read it!

libbie said...

Happy Birthday. I used to be 28.

I want to get that book soooo bad, but I know I will just ignore my kids and stay up all night reading it, so I am holding off as long as I can. Then I figure I can borrow someones and save myself some cash!

The Wilsons said...

Happy, happy birthday, Renee, dear;
Happy days will come to you all year!
If I had a wish, then it would be
A happy, happy birthday to you from me!

Happy birthday!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great way to spend the day. You look gorgeous, as always, by the way.

Lily said...

Happy Birthday- Has it been 10 years since we were roomates?

Brooke said...

AHHHH!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! I have also set my little ones loose, doing and destroying what ever they want just so I can FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS with edward and bella!!!!!!!! ;) Congratulations on turning 28 and I'm glad you're happy about it! I've cried every b-day since my 25th! more power to you! ;)

lani said...

Happy Birthday! There is nothing like celebrating with good food and family (and a great read--I haven't jumped on the Stephanie Meyer bandwagon yet, but I just might start.) Enjoy being 28--that is a great age.

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! 28 is a great year. Everything seems to fall into place that year. I hope your's is wonderful. But then again, with your wonderful family, how could it not be?

Mamabug said...

Happy Birthday (a few days ago!) - I saw that same book on my mother-in-laws bed - maybe I will have to read the inside cover to see what it is all about.
Sadly, I am visiting my mother-in-law because my father-in-law passed away this week.

Laura said...

Gracie and Anneka said...
(actually they sang)
"Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to Auntie Renee!
Happy Birthday, Cha, Cha!"

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...