Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cabin Fever

Last week my parents and two siblings braved the treacherous winter roads and came for a visit. We all got out of the house and into a cabin and had a very enjoyable and relaxing three days together. We ate a lot (so much for those New Years resolutions), lounged in front of the fireplace, exchanged gifts, played many many games, watched movies and really enjoyed being all together.
Of course there was the hot tubbing! I have never hot tubbed in the middle of winter before. Once you dodge the ice (from splashes that have frozen) and make it quickly into the tub, it is divine! Very steamy, very relaxing and so romantic seeing the snowflakes coming down around you.


We also enjoyed walking down to the lake and throwing rocks – listening to the unique sounds as they bounced across the ice and trying our hardest to break the ice. I only wish I had brought my camera on that outing. Come spring, I believe many will wonder at the erosion that has taken place and wonder at how shallow the lake has become – we really covered the ice with a kajillion pebbles, rocks and even boulders!

Of course the baby was loved and held non-stop… even during naps! Oh how we have grown to love these 2-3 day getaways – and sharing them with family is always a treat.

2 comments:

Net said...

So fun to spend time with family. And to get away and do it at somewhere other than your home. I am glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

What fun family memories you have captured. I won't forget it. It was a wonderland of winter wonder at the cabin and I thoroughly enjoyed the grandchildren, as well as the opportunity to connect with OUR children.

Love Dad (aka Granddaddy)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...