Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer is Heating Up

Yesterday we celebrated the first day of summer! Yeah! This week has brought with it a different kind of heat as Mr. T has been battling another of his long-term fevers. Monday night’s high was 105.7 – so instead of hitting the pool or being outside, we’ve been enjoying lots of movie watching and popsicles on the inside. Big J started her art camp this week and is LOVING it! I think she picked a very appropriate summer camp, as it is the perfect outlet for my little creative firecracker.

While I’m exhausted from nights of keeping Mr. T’s fever as low as possible, we’ve all been enjoying having Mr. Man’s 15 year old sister here to help out and play all day long. I am very much considering a live-in nanny now! However, I would require a driver’s license in the future J We’ve also been very spoiled with meals coming in every night this week. Tonight we were preparing for tacos and yet when a car drove up Mr. T ran to the window saying, “I think our dinner’s here!”

The countdown is now on till our new little guy makes his entrance as I’m 34 weeks! We have a cabin booked for the second week in July, and my doctor suggested getting my deposit back now, as he wasn’t comfortable with us being up in the woods so close to my due date. We’re not quite as concerned, since I doubt I would deliver 3 weeks early, however we are using this as another excuse to purchase our first cell phone!

Everyone is now in their beds and I’m looking forward to a lazy Saturday morning filled with cartoons and waffles! The kids grew excited when I reminded them at bedtime that they could watch cartoons in the morning – you see they equate that tradition with Daddy. One more week…

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Your poor little guy! That is such a high fever. You've made it to 34 weeks!! Wow! You're almost there. Hope the baby does come a few weeks early for everyone's sake.

Dana and ohana said...

You are being a real trooper! And those high fevers are a huge HUGE hassel but I'm sure everyone is loving all the movies and treats. Enjoy your cartoons!

Lily said...

I love reading about lazy summer days, movies and popsicles.
Makes me nostalgic about when I was a child.

Hope little guy gets better soon.
Thanks for sneaking in the due date. I can't wait to read about his grand entrance.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...