Friday, June 29, 2007

Congratulations are definately in order!

When Big J was born not only was I quickly initiated into the realms of new motherhood, I also felt a substantial push to join a group I had never before considered: scrapbookers. I half-heartedly began compiling a book for her, cutting and pasting and using stickers of every shape and size. Amy was my scrapbooking buddy and we spent many a night watching Friends and racing to get our pages planned, prepared and perfected. Looking back at those 8 1/2" x 11" scrapbook pages, I am embarrassed at my absolutely horrible beginner attempt... and yet Big J constantly pulls out her book and treasures it more than anything. I decided I would grace my children with a one year scrapbook and then I simply put their pictures in albums with written explanations beside.

When Mr. T came, I threw my heart into my scrapbooking and truly learned to enjoy it. Bigger pages, less stickers and more thought. Expecting another baby just 13 months after his birth kept me both inspired and working to finish his book so that I wouldn't forget the moments and memories.

Somehow life with three caught me off-guard and while I've kept busy, I haven't kept scrapping. I enjoy making cards a little more, and Little E's album has remained quite empty. When the other two pull their books out, he will often point to the baby pictures and ask if it's him. This is our biggest gap between children, and also my largest stall in completing a one-year album for my little one. However, hitting 35 weeks made me a bit frantic and I've been cutting, gluing and journaling my heart away! Little E may be just over 3 years old, but his one year scrapbook is finally complete! The little guy is thrilled to have his special book, and honestly, I'm thrilled to be done!!!

For a couple of months I can enjoy the break in both diapers and scrapbooking!
I'm considering online scrapping for this fourth one!

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Good work on finishing the scrapbook! You are way ahead of me. I won't even tell you about how behind I am....That will be a treasure for your little guy.

Rachel said...

Holy cow! I stopped when Preston turned three. I keep the pictures ordered, dated and filed in books, but the actual scrapbooks will be waiting until Kate is in school, I have more time, and more money! Good job, girl!

Michelle said...

great job, renee! scrapbooking can be so overwhelming. that's so great that you have stuck with it. i'm a major advocate of online scrapping - it's definitely a whole lot easier!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...