Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Would you like some WHINE with that snow?

It snowed yesterday and it is beautiful! I can’t believe how chicken the school system is over this and all the delays and early dismissals are driving me nuts! It’s just a little snow! Quit all the whining! The kids are loving it, and I am thrilled for them to be able to get out of the house and enjoy running around. Why does it seem so much more inviting to play in the cold when there are white snowdrifts to play in? Regardless, I hope it stays a while.

I went grocery shopping this morning for the first time with our new van. Can I just whine and say how much I miss my nice big trunk in my little car? Apparently I need to get a net apparatus so that when I open my trunk to retrieve my piled up grocery sacs they don’t all tumble and leave oranges and cabbage rolling around the parking lot! Not long after I conquered that battle and had put all the groceries away and started on lunch, our alarm went off on the van. Frankly I remember Mr. Man saying something in passing about an alarm, but I really wasn’t sure it existed or how it worked. (Remember, I’m used to a 14 year old vehicle here, and was extremely comfortable with it!) So now all the neighbors are sticking their heads out their doors waiting for me to figure out that a) that super loud and obnoxiously annoying sound is actually coming from MY vehicle, and b) how to turn it off. Seriously, the sound was deafening. I looked out to see who the idiot was and saw the lights flashing on my van. My first thought was, “maybe it will just turn off on its own”. Instead I grabbed my flip flops (did I mention it’s snowy out?!) and keys and attempted to stop the Symphony from making all that noise. I finally figured out if I unlocked the vehicle it would stop, but the minute I locked it, the indecent exposure would begin. I was getting rather annoyed and started checking each door. Long story short, I solved the dilemma, as the kids door was ajar, however, I’m wondering what kind of alarm system would only let me know about that about an hour after the fact?! Anyways, change is not my forte, but I am adjusting and all in all love this new vehicle with the fabulous power sliding door feature! (I just need to make sure the kids only use THAT door!)

No comments:

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...