Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Royal Pain in the Butt

I’m not exactly sure what I did. All I know is I was rocking my half-asleep two year old in an awkward position for a little too long (enjoying the too infrequent snuggles he was offering) and when I got up, the pain struck. Yes, I pulled something or did something to my rear. The pain is excruciating and when I move a certain way or attempt to walk it shoots down my leg all the way to my toes. I hurt. I thought after a night of going to sleep earlier than usual I would be able to shake it off… not so. All through the night any movement would awaken me and this morning the pain is just as intolerable. More so. I have a large to-do list I need to accomplish.

This is a huge pain in the butt! I have errands to run, a house to clean, people to visit, a baby shower to co-host, a meeting to attend, and those are just the necessaries! I was already to go to the grocery store, hand clamping my rear, limping as I go when Mr. Man demanded I simply sit down and stay sitting down. “What am I supposed to do?” I wanted to know. “Read a book or something” was his quick response.

So I’m hoping this doesn’t last too long. It’s hard to sit still and read a book when your house needs a good dusting, mopping and vacuuming. It’s hard to not be able to get in the car and go visit your friend who just had a baby. It’s hard to have spare time, in a sense, that I hadn’t accounted for. But mostly I hurt and I hope to feel better soon.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ouch! That does not sound like fun. It seriously sounds much like the problem I had when I was pregnant. I had an issue with my sciatic nerve. It's like it got out of place or something and would cause shooting pain if I'd walk, stand, or roll over while sleeping. Hope you get feeling better fast!

Lori said...

I know exactly what you're going through...this is something that has plagued me for some time and that I'm experiencing right now as a matter of fact. Jenny is right - it's probably your sciatic nerve..and it kills. My problem was from an injury where I got a bulging disc which led to problems shooting down my butt and leg. It'll go away hopefully but may come back or persist - I had to either go to the chiropractor or endure some physical therapy for mine. Hopefully yours will pass. Hang in there!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...