Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Really Scary Dreams

It started about a month ago... Mr. T would wake up screaming, or else crawl into bed with us wimpering a bit. I'm really into dreams and asking about the kids' dreams, and the following mornings he would go on and on about his scary dreams. Lately it's been getting worse, and yet the dreams, well... here's a little sampling:

"There was a big scary duck chasing me. But I had my bow and arrow and I SHOT HIM! But then... he came back to life and the big duck chased me when he was dead!"

(Later he was looking at pictures and got freaked out by one where his Grandma was holding him and she was wearing a bright yellow shirt. Apparently he was concerned she was going to turn into a duck.)

This morning I could hardly keep from laughing, though the poor boy is completely distraught:

"I had a s-s-s-s-scary dream and there was a big TREE! The tree was eating popcorn... it was so scary! So I took my stick and I wacked and wacked and wacked and then the garbage man put him in a truck and took him away. But the TREE was eating POPCORN!!!"

Is this ridiculous or what? I suppose we need to stop singing primary songs and nursery rhymes about any kind of popcorn or ducks!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm sorry for you.
We found it helpful with Levi to talk with him as he got into bed each night about what he wanted to dream about. He got very excited about the idea that he could choose what to dream and most nights it really did seem to keep away the crazy bad dreams.

Anonymous said...

I keep having this scary dream abou the training driving through our house. After I watched Polar Express and saw how close a train could get off its track I haven't been the same. One night, in an attempt to stop the train, I ran down the stairs, falling, and broke my toe and gashed my legs. However, I did save my family from the train. I wonder where Mr. T's problems have been coming from?

Mr. Man

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...