Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Red Light = Stop or Go?

I had the rare oppourtunity of driving with just one of my children today. While doing so, my usually quiet child kept the conversation flowing faster than I could keep up. There was not a moment of silence and we were both enjoying the moment. While stopped at a red light I glanced in the rear view mirror to check out the happenings in the car behind me – a curious, yet probably bad habit of mine! In the driver’s seat was a mother and in the passenger seat a boy of about 12 whom I’m presuming to be her son. I had to laugh out loud when I compared the non-stop chatter in my car to the silent stares in opposite directions in the car behind me. However, it is a bit startling to think that one day I may have to be the one instigating a conversation with my son if I want it to happen. I hope I do. I hope I don’t turn into that car behind me.

No comments:

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...