Sunday, June 29, 2014

Wednesday, June 18 JULIA

Aloha! 
It's Julia, and I get to talk about one of the coolest days on our vacation on Kauai. We went on a five hour boat tour to the Nā Pali coast. I can't explain how beautiful the Nā Pali Coast is. For those who don't know exactly what the Nā Pali coast is let me break it down for ya, from "The Princess Bride" The cliffs of Insanity!
I will talk about some of the pictures but it is hard to explain the beauty!


We are leaving the doc.

My mom is an excellent photographer; this is the beginning of the beautiful sights to come.
 
We all got tired, with the boat gently rocking us and the sound of the ocean. Here is little J, he got very tired since we had to get up early.


 This was funny! All of the boats stopped, we were going past an army base and they were shooting off a rocket. Unfortunately they postponed it for a later time so we weren't able to see.


 
Here is the beginning of the Nā Pali coast, I will be posting a lot of these gorgeous pictures.
 We saw a type of Dolphin! It was so cool they were chasing the front of the boat. But they were sleeping so none of them did any tricks. For those who don’t know, Dolphins are mammals and they need to breathe so when they sleep they turn off half of their brain and leave the other half on so they can breathe and stay close to the surface.



 Here I am, the captain let me sit on a tarp on the front of the boat. While my dad was telling me to take my hat off (so it doesn’t fall) and center myself (so I  don’t fall) the captain was telling me to leave my hat on (brightness attracts the Dolphins) and lean over! He was a great captain and if you ever come to Kauai we’ll tell you where to find him.







 Love these pics, I just have to share them all!











A fun little cave… a few movies filmed here… Guess which ones!

 We all got to use snorkeling gear and look at some amazing fish! I don’t know if you already know but two of my Bro’s nearly drowned so those two decided to use noodles. The fish here are so cool! I wish I could bring some back to you guys… I’m working on persuading my dad to get a underwater camera ;)




 After snorkeling we had yummy, make your own, sub sandwiches, salad, cookies, and pop! My type of lunch!

 After that we continued our journey. My dad is a FABULOUS cook and puts amazing spices in so of course we stopped to pick out some spices. If y’all didn’t know I had bronchitis and putting that and thousand smells of spices together the outcome was me coughing up a storm.


This is a swinging bridge, we walk along the bridge and it would swing. My poor mom got so sick on that bridge and my dad thought it was funny when he would shake it.



   It bugged me when my dad had a sunscreen beard so that is me harshly rubbing it in ;)


I took this picture, quite proud of myself. This is my mom… I mean this is my GORGEOUS  mom!
Well.... that was today so, Alooooha! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Soooooo cool! I wanna see dolphins too!! What an amazing experience.

Memories On The Go said...

Great blog, Julia! Thanks for sharing the beauty that your family saw on the boat tour. Oh my, so cool to see dolphins so close! Like your Mom, I too would have been sick on that swinging bridge :( You sure took a great photo of your 'gorgeous' Mom :)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...