Sunday, June 15, 2014

Wednesday, June 11 JULIA

Hi everybody it's Julia, we started the day by going to Hukilau beach and had lots of fun. So far this beach is my favorite. It is great for body surfing, and has amazingly soft sand that is great for building with. Hukilau also has some cool history, Hukilau is a way for ancient Hawaiians to fish.

Right now there are a fair amount of camps going on, one at Hukilau. Somebody brought a dog and let it loose to run everywhere. Well it decided my family looked cool and came running after all of us. The boy's were in the middle of making a fort when this VERY strong dog comes plowing through the sand. It jumped all over the boys and knocked them over. 

Once the dog left I had lost my entertainment, so I had to make do. With my dad sitting so still in his chair I could not resist. I buried  his legs but since we were at the beach and I had little mermaid on my mind I gave him a merman tail. He was a good sport and helped decorate it. Amazingly it turned into quite a master piece, I wonder how much people would pay to see a sand sculpture. 

After the beach everybody but dad went on the Temple walk. As a little baby mom used to take me and she loved mentioning how much harder it was with a stroller ;) It was really easy hike and we had a lot of fun.

We don't just have fun outside. Every day we spend some time reading. Here we have E reading warriors a book about cats.



 That sums up our day! can't wait to share more with you!






2 comments:

Roy Saunderson said...

Loved your merman sculpture. I can feel an Ariel song coming on!

Miss C said...

Nice blog Julia, and the picture are a Great addition to the writing.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...