Thursday, October 06, 2011

A Whole New World

It was raining yesterday, and also very windy.

I will have to capture the moment in words, because I didn't have my camera.

Little J and I were running, literally, into a store to grab a handful of items. He had brought his beloved umbrella (green froggy one) and was berating me for not bringing mine so that then we could walk and not run.

The wind was trying to blow him umbrella away, or inside out, and so I held it with him to help secure it. He was having fun, pretending his umbrella was actually a kite, while I got drenched.

J: "What if my umbrella flies me to a new world?"
Me: "Are there new worlds?"
J: "There are lots of other worlds, and I might fly there. Where should I go first, Mom?"
Me: "I don't know. What are the names of some of these other worlds?"
J: "There are lots. Like Idaho."

Idaho?! So I was laughing in the rain.

3 comments:

Memories On The Go said...

That is so funny--thanks for sharing.

Scott and Tisha said...

Funny- great visual even without a camera!

Amy said...

So funny!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...