Thursday, October 06, 2011

Adventure

Yesterday was busy.

The regular morning rush, followed by a non-stop hectic day.
I got to go in and read to kindergartners - we've been practicing our read-aloud skills for almost a month in one of my classes, and I finally felt ready (dripping with sarcasm). The teacher said I was a natural. Um, well, I read children's books daily.

That meant that Little J got to go play with a friend for a half hour.

Then I had my class for the day... which meant he went to a sitter for two more hours.

Apparently he was telling my friend, who was watching him, all about the adventures his mom and dad take him on. He's SOOOOO into adventures.

After we ate lunch, he asked what our adventure for the day would be.

Knowing that after 3pm we would have non-stop piano lessons, taekwondo, lab, cub scouts and dinner in there somewhere, I was feeling like some down time may be a good idea. Down time meaning maybe actually doing some laundry or cleaning my kitchen! Instead, we called up our good friends up the street and planned to car-pool to the pumpkin patch for our very own "adventure."
It was so worth it. There's something about being in the great outdoors, rainy or not, and having room to run, tire swings to swing from, trees and haystacks to climb on and pigs and chickens to feed. I asked Little J if he was having a good adventure at one point... and he answered, "Can we stay here for always?"

Of course we couldn't. 3pm was calling us and all of our obligations. Today the kitchen got cleaned, the laundry is in progress... but we had our adventure.


2 comments:

Memories On The Go said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Memories On The Go said...

So very good of you to take the time to smell the "roses"--I mean pumpkins with your little guy! Memories were made while the laundry and your kitchen simply waited until today to be dealt with :)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...