Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Missing Grandma

This morning my kids woke up and, for some reason, were missing their Grandma. Miss J was making breakfast and wished Grandma were here to make it with her. Mr. T was missing her gifts - big chocolate bunnies at Easter and how she "really knows what Christmas is about - lots and lots of presents!" Little E misses her ducky shirt and thought she would have driven them to school instead of making them ride their bikes. Little J kept adding "YEAH" to each comment. And then the stories. Mom, you may get a call to clarify if it was a stove or an open fire that burned off all of your eyebrows when you were a little girl. (There was quite the argument over that little fact!)

Then my sitter cancelled... sickness at their home again... and I wished my Mom could come rescue me. She would love too, I know.

And while I don't truly believe that distance makes the heart grow fonder, I do think it just makes the hearts a lot farther. Thought you should know you were missed Grandma.

2 comments:

Memories On The Go said...

It is so wonderful to be missed--you made my day!! I so wish we lived closer, however the memories we make when we come to visit are priceless :)

Frank Damon said...

Distance does make the heart fonder...Even, I as a grown up man, miss the two wonderful women in my life. Granny and Mom are the two most beautiful women I know, and I cherish them the most. I just miss spending an afternoon with them at the lake. BTW, your kids are so adorable!

Cheers!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...