Friday, October 28, 2011

Fireplace

The fireplace in our house seems like it was an afterthought for the builders. They literally just slammed up a few pieces of tile from our bathroom. It was almost a reason to NOT buy our house. I love a fireplace, but I hated ours. And it was the focal point of our family room! Mr. Man knew he could change it, but it took time to save and figure out exactly what we wanted... and it was worth the wait. Now that the weather is cooling down, we sit around the fireplace with a fire going often, and I couldn't be happier with how this improves the room and the whole feel of our home. Here's the change in pictures:







3 comments:

Hope said...

Love it! Nice work Mr. Man!! At first I thought the second picture was the completed work. With the kids sitting around and everything. I have to say, I like the last picture the best. :D

Kendra said...

awesome. nice job.

Camie said...

Wow!! I'm impressed. I can picture you sitting around there all winter!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...