Monday, January 12, 2009

Thank you?

I have to share... because I am dying over this!

My son brought home a thank you note from his preschool teacher today. The note read:

"Thank you so much for the yummy Christmas mints! I absolutely love dark chocolate and these are the perfect treat. You are so sweet to think of me. Thank you again!"

Not a big deal unless you are aware of what the gift was. We made fabric covered magnets -totally cute - for our teachers this year, and put them in decorated empty chocolate flavoured altoid tins. I have a few presumptions, but I'm not sure how to proceed:

1. This teacher is as blonde as she looks (I can say this because I am a blonde, but you all know what I mean without having to slander anyone)
2. If #1 is correct, said teacher may have swallowed several magnets, buttons and fabric and thought they tasted like chocolate.
3. She didn't even open up the tin, wrote the thank you note and threw our precious creation away because really she hates chocolate flavoured mints.
4. She is an enthusiastic thank you card writer (with which I find no fault) and simply wrote the card before opening the gift and is now dying over what she wrote before knowing what she was given.

So, do I ask her how they really tasted?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh no! Could she have gotten the gifts mixed up with others and thought it was from you? Oh, I hate gift giving etiquette. I never know what to say, and obviously neither does she!

Debbi said...

maybe she kept the tin, with his name on it, and couldn't remember what was inside?????

Either way. Don't say anything. It'll only embarrass her. Or, ask her if she's using the magnets at home if you don't see them at the school!?!! lol

Amy said...

That is so funny. Don't ask, if she's found out the truth by now, then she is most likely mortified!

Maybe when school gets out you could give her a real tin with real chocolate altoids in them for a thank you. . .that would be funny.

Andrea Hardee said...

Definitely ask. It can help establish some good vibes between you and her and then she isn't left wondering if you think she's a total moron. Clear the air, talk about it, have a laugh, and she'll remember you and your child for a long time.

Jennifer said...

I must agree with Annie....clear the air. :) Very funny story :) Be sure to let us know what ended up happening I am very curious :)

Stephanie said...

That is funny! Fun getting caught up on you guys and your fun trip to SFO and the news of your moving to who knows where?! Good luck with it all. Is CA a possibility then?

Brooke said...

4 and Yes! ask because it's always fun to see people squirm ;) and you're pretty good (-able to do it without being offensive) at teasing.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...