Monday, January 19, 2009

Fortune Cookie

Without going into details, Mr. Man has been traveling all over lately for interviews. I keep telling myself this is good. It is good. It is also exhausting and stressful - for both of us. Thankfully he was able to spend this past weekend at home with us before departing for another busy week. While he enjoyed being with the family, he insisted we have time alone as well. And thanks to great last minute babysitters, we enjoyed some good Chinese food and conversation. When we were leaving and were handed our fortune cookies, Mr. Man was a bit trepidatious and before taking his inquired as to if they were good fortunes. "Always" was the reply. He still didn't want to open his... so I did the honor, and really it was. As trying as all the travelling and constant presentations are for him, his fortune Saturday was "You need not worry about your future." Mine read, "Sing and rejoice, fortune is smiling."

I'm suddenly feeling quite superstitious.

8 comments:

Hope said...

Kurt and I once got fortune cookies his said something like 45 days from now and mine was a date, (which happened to be the exact same amount of time). We put the date on our calendar for kicks. Low and behold, it turned out to be the exact day Kurt found out he was going to Rome for an internship.

Those cookies might have something to them!!! :D

Hope said...

Oops I should have read before publishing. *Fortune said something to the extent of 45 days from now you'll have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

How can someone say not to worry. Just saying that makes me think about it.

Amy said...

Love it! I guess fortunes have a 50/50 chance of coming true. Hope yours does!

Mamabug said...

We know that feeling around this house too. E. just got back from an interview yesterday evening. Add the travel time from here to the US it makes for a long trip and alot of jet lag for E. Well it is to good to be looking around and see what happens. I hope you have good news soon so you can rest from the stress of job hunting!

And never trust a cookie - the only thing they give you for sure is CALORIES!

Rachel Clare said...

I love your blog! You're so gifted with words. Good luck in the process of getting hired- I can empathize! I'm really anxious to know where you guys end up. (CALIFORNIA?!?) :)

Lori said...

Let's hope his fortune is right. I got one the other day that said something about someone of short stature coming into my life. ?? Weird.

Carla said...

That's great! It seems for a while that fortune cookies went all stupid and cliche, no fortune telling involved. But it's great that sometimes God even speaks to us through fortune cookies. If there's anything I've learned through this year of rotations, it's that the Lord really will take care of it all, and we do only have reason to be joyful - not to minimize how hard this is for you guys. Good luck, and I hope you guys can find a way to enjoy the prospects of an exciting unknown future.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...