Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weapons of Mass Destruction

Wooden spoons and bowling pins have become my boys' weapons of choice as of late. They sleep with them, they travel with them, and they fight over and with them. This morning at breakfast Mr. T had a bowling pin sitting on the table, one under his chair and one on his lap. I commented on this and he assured me that there was a bear in the downstairs bathroom but that as soon as he was done with his breakfast he would be off to kill the bear. "Don't worry Mom, I'll take care of it." Later on today both the boys had mysteriously disappeared... I found them on top of the kitchen counter chasing away any remnant of "bad guys" in my cupboards. (Thank goodness we keep the knives even higher than they have yet attempted to climb.) Still, how can I get upset at such little knights in shining armour?! Truly, it is their adorable faces and smiles that are the real weapons of mass destruction in this mother's house!


6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Very cute! I have been amazed by the objects turned into swords in our household (wooden spoons, bananas, etc.). I love it!

Kristy said...

What excellent and imaginative helpers you have there!

Jenny said...

They are so handsome!

Topher said...

The kid with the spoon stuck in his nose is awesome (is that E?). Did he learn that from his dad?

Michelle said...

your kids have the best imaginations! i love to hear the stories they come up with! looking more & more like twins every day, those boys...

singin'mama said...

(this is a response to all your recent blogs)Oh Renee! How I have missed you! I'm so looking forward to our time out coming up soon! One of these days I'll get my blog updated! You never cease to amaze me! I know you are not a perfect mother but I sure love how you absolutely immerse yourself in motherhood! I've never known anyone who loved it as much as you!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...