Friday, September 15, 2006

this one's for YOU!

Mr. Man called me from work today to express his dissatisfaction with my blog updating. He wants something new to read and is worried about me disappointing my “fans”!!! Time has been of the essence lately, but I’m taking a moment to write this post and dedicate it to Mr. Man.

On our drive home from picking up Big J from school today we passed a gas station where several old cars were parked and on display (I don’t really understand this strange phenomenon where like cars gather, but I also couldn’t tell you for the life of me the type of cars these were and so perhaps I’m completely out of my car-knowledge league at being able to comprehend it). Anyways, I pointed them out to the kids as any good parent who is trying to make the children look at something other than their siblings (who are seated much too close, using each other’s arm rests and grabbing limbs). Upon seeing the cars, Big J piped up, “That’s what we should get Daddy for his birthday!” (See, even my kids know the difference from a non-car lover [me] and a car-lover). They all agreed and began discussing which one would make the best gift. Mr. T then explored another option: “I think we should get Daddy a playground. A really really BIG playground that would be fun for him.” Big J agreed because maybe if the playground were more fun, Daddy wouldn’t just sit on the bench! They settled on a car and a playground. Both blue, of course!

Mr. Man told me that the other day Mr. T kept asking him what he wanted for his birthday. (The whole discussing of Daddy’s birthday is a bit amusing since his birthday is a good 10 months away!) But Mr. Man’s answer was completely sweet and made my love for him grow. He said he couldn’t think of anything to tell him, because as much as he tried, he couldn’t think of anything he wanted. He already has it all.

I love you.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

That is really sweet! Kids' imaginations are the best.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...