Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Final Chapter

Our family redboxed the final Shrek movie last week while we were all sick and oh, my goodness was it hilarious! As a child, I remember often asking my Mom to sit down and watch whatever movie we were watching with us - as she would walk in with a load of laundry on her hip, or in between making meals. I could never understand WHY she couldn't watch the whole thing, I mean, I thought it was a good movie. Now, as a mother, I get it. I've seen snippets and know lines from numerous children's movies but hardly know entire plots or sit through a whole feature length anymore. I'm either too busy, or would rather do something else with my precious downtime than watch some talking animal sing and dance. But SHREK FOREVER AFTER is a movie you need to ALL sit down and watch. It's like a comedy version of "It's a Wonderful Life" in some ways, and as parents... who can't relate to this:
Unfortunately, our little kitten we got almost a year ago can also relate to this character's fate:
And now that I am D.O.N.E. my finals and my first semester back in school, I am feeling a little like THIS:

I couldn't help but smile later that night when I realized that we have our own flying donkey in our house - check out our advent:
Love what the preschooler brings to Christmas in our home. And now, I say: BRING ON MY BREAK. (But not "break down!")

No comments:

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...