Sunday, December 19, 2010

God kept ringing my doorbell

I am making a switch in meds right now and I forget that it takes a while for things to kick in. So I will wait a little longer and hope for the best, otherwise I may be making the switch back. I think this can account for my recent slump. Thankfully I conquered my finals and finished my semester before plummeting once again. And the plummet is not as bad, but still exhausting and draining.

It felt so good to read so many of your thoughtful comments. There is a part of depression where even knowing you are loved and there are people who support you doesn't help a bit, and then there is the part where you crave knowing until you can really feel it. And I am starting to feel it. During some of my darkest days, there were random friends who came out of the woodwork and made me feel loved. Often when you know someone is going through something you don't understand, it's hard to know what to do. I struggle with knowing how to help someone who has lost someone in death. Depression is equally mysterious, and I've learned that sometimes the best way to help someone is to simply do anything. You don't have to say much. Do what you do best, and that person will feel loved. I had two friends ring my doorbell and bring me a nutritious and delicious meal. Another friend stopped by with a yummy treat. And during a day when my son had had a potty accident and cleaning up that mess seemed like a mountain to climb, my doorbell rang and someone brought me flowers that they claim they saw and made them think of me. The day was still hard, but I could accomplish my small task at hand, and I knew that God would help me because He made someone come to tell me He loved me.

I think that's what Christmas is all about. Not the hustling and bustling, but finding simple and sweet ways to share His love. Because God loves us and gave to us His Son. I hope we can all feel His love and find ways to share it this Christmas season.

2 comments:

Scott and Tisha said...

I'm grateful that when we are far apart you have good friends who are taking care of you! Please know of our love for you and our prayers as you adjust to your new med.
Love The Elfords.

The Wilsons said...

I meant to comment on your previous post long ago--please know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! It IS such an exhausting process! But I am glad for your ability to "hang in there" and to seek for the desire to heal. I'm also grateful for those who can be there to support and lift you through. I hope that soon you will be able to find the right combo to help you feel better w/o too many side effects. I hope that this weekend, Christmas is extra special and wonderful for you and your beautiful family!!!!
*lots of love from VA*

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...