Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goodbye

Summer days are long, and the nights can seem even longer when you're sleeping alone.

I said goodbye to Mr. Man a while ago so he could go be a special presenter of special research in some special places like London, England and Istanbul, Turkey. He returned food poisoned and dehydrated and super sick. But I'm mending him. And he'll be leaving me again shortly for another trip. (I still have to sort through all his pictures!)

While he was gone my sister and her family joined us for some summer fun and adventure. And this morning I said goodbye to them... and Miss J who will be spending a few days with their family until we go visit later this week. (I need all your pictures you took, sis!)



And then there is my first friend I made here, who is moving and left me TODAY. I don't know how life will go on here without her and her wonderful family. Ugh.
WAY too many goodbyes for me to handle.

Tomorrow we will be graced with the presence of friends from our last "home"... and I am so excited to share even a little bit of time with them. But am preparing for yet ANOTHER goodbye.

The Toddler coined it perfectly today as he cried with a stamp of his foot, "I don't like to say bye."
Amen.

3 comments:

joy said...

I don't like them either. I'm sorry for you.

joy said...

I don't like them either. I'm sorry for you.

Lily said...

But then there is the joy of "I can't wait to see you again" with all the imagination that trails along of all the things that can be done together (and I find the saddest "byes" are the ones that we didn't do anything at all because were so busy enjoying each others company. But so nice to plan what we "could" do :)

How beautiful are such "byes"- to really feel that someone will be missed because they spilled their spirit into your own space and complimented it. Much better than "thank-goodness they are outta here" *lol*

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...