Monday, June 21, 2010

The Ultimatum

On Saturday, I gave Mr. Man the final ultimatum.
With my sister and her kids coming, and the sun finally making its way into my frigid town, I want to be able to eat all of our meals outside - at a picnic table: my outdoor furniture of choice.

The picnic tables were on sale at Lowe's for $88 + $10 assembly fee. I told Mr. Man, who has been promising to make me a picnic table before the summer's end, that I just couldn't wait any longer and I was going to use my hard-earned babysitting money to go buy one. He took the challenge, and convinced me to let him at least price out the wood first.

$46 dollars later we had all the wood and screws needed and spent the afternoon working together building our picnic bench. Mr. Man worked well into the evening on it, assuring that it is stronger and better than the Lowe's edition. And I couldn't be happier. It's beautiful, and the fact that Mr. Man made it (with a little help from each of us) makes it that much better.

Father's Day was it's first day of use and we have eaten every meal at it since. Can I just tell you how much I love this ultimate man of mine?! I do.
{Little E taking a picture of the picnic bench - but mostly an over-tired toddler}


{The Toddler taking a picture - and I'm sure he is smiling BEHIND the camera now too!}

5 comments:

Camille said...

that is some serious woodworking skills. impressive!

MOM said...

WOW!! What a great husband to fit this in his busy schedule this week. I remember the many meals we ate out on the picnic table--keeps the kitchen floor cleaner, longer in the summer--love it!!!

Shaun said...

WOW!! Awesome. Super impressive great!

Carla said...

i am impressed with his wood-working talent!

Arseneault Family said...

this picnic table will DEFINITELY last longer than the lowes one!! Way to go Greg!!

This reminds me of eating with you guys when you were in Toronto...you guys are just awesome!!

p.s. I love your Mom's comment!! How classic!! lol!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...