Sunday, March 01, 2009

Family History

We're having a family history Sunday. It sort of happened by accident. I was cold and so I pulled out one of my favourite old sweaters that my Opa gave me and used to belong to him. Of course I had to tell some stories of him to Miss J and Little E (he died when I was pregnant with Little E). Miss J was enthralled and has been calling extended family members all afternoon gathering more great stories about him for her journal. Then she wanted to read my journals from when I was her age, so we pulled out my HUGE rubbermaid box of personal history. Little E was pretty bored with this part and utterly disappointed that there weren't any toys that I saved from my childhood... though he was happy to look through some of Mr. Man's cub scout memorabilia.

We've been looking through photos, old report cards and odds and ends. When I saw this questionaire that somebody did on facebook, I decided it fit with our "theme" for the day.
The initial answers belong to four year old Little E, and then eight year old Miss J.

Kids say the darndest things
Ask your kids the following questions, you'll be surprised at what answers you get.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
I love you.
Mostly everything.

2. What makes mom happy?
When we do our morning charts without being asked.
Doing what we’re supposed to do.

3. What makes mom sad?
I don’t know.
Being disobedient.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
She tickles me.
When she says something funny or does something silly.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don’t know. Grandma was her Mom and they played games?
Well she had blonde hair, she said she had horrible haircuts and probably green eyes.

6. How old is your mom?
2.
28.

7. How tall is your mom?
Bigger than us.
I have no clue.

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Work.
Play games with us.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Make cookies or stuff.
Probably a date with Daddy or go to a wedding or somewhere.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Because she's happy.
Singing in “American Idol”.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Art.
Kissing Daddy.

12. What is your mom not very good at?Drawing pictures.
I don’t know. (said after much thought)

13. What does your mom do for a job?
Work.
She stays home with the kids.

14.What is your mom's favorite food?
Lasagna.
Mud pie – with worms.

15.What makes you proud of your mom?
When she plays with me.
When she does something right.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Annakin… so she gets dead.
Winnie the Pooh… just kidding… Belle (if she just had brown hair).

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Make cookies.
Make cookies.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
We’re never the same; we’re different.
We have green eyes.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Jesus made us that way.
We wear different clothes.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Because she loves me because I’m in her family.
Because I just know.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
When he plays sword fight with me.
She thinks he’s cute.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
To the market.
Her Mom’s house.

2 comments:

Net said...

So funny. I especially like the American Idol part. Why don't we see you at ward choir? :) I love their responses.

Amy said...

LOVE that post! I especially love that you are really good at kissing your hubby!

We do something like that on mother's day (at least with did) We get out the video camera and then interview all the cousins. we ask them all sorts of questions bout thei moms and then we watch it while we eat dessert- it is hillarious!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...