Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Breakthrough

I had a moment today where I had one of those great Mom breakthroughs... at least it was a breakthrough for me! I was making lunch for my boys and a couple of their friends they had over. A few extra lunches is never a big deal, and I always try to do a good job of hitting all of the food groups at lunch time, so I usually have "it all" out anyways. That's when it hit me. I should just make an extra lunch everyday and pack it up for Miss J to take to school the next day! No more early morning struggles or late night attempts at inventiveness... this is the solution. Too bad it hit when school is just a few weeks away from ending, but at least I figured it out when my oldest is in first grade. I suppose I'll have to figure something else out when I no longer have any left at home to feed lunch to... sad day.

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like a great idea to me. It is funny how ideas and inspiration hit us through the years. We do really learn as we go.

Jennifer said...

Oh, the dreaded school lunch thing. Why is it so hard for me to find things to pack? I like your idea. I will try it. Especially near the end of the school year I am so ready to stop packing lunches....sigh.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...