Saturday, August 04, 2007

Introducing our Newest Addition!

(a girl can tease, can't she?!)

Mr. Man purchased this almost two weeks ago, and the honeymoon period seems like it will never be over! While I tried to convince him that he wouldn't ALWAYS be the only one doing the dishes and that bed rest would one day end and he would once again have a WIFE... he couldn't handle it! Inwardly, I'm glad! This will definately make having a new baby soooooo much easier! Our kitchen just always seems clean, and I can't believe how long I have lived without a dishwasher! (This is also my first time to have a washer and dryer with a newborn... so really life is going to seem simple this time around .... as soon as I can give birth that is... this is also my first time to be OVERDUE!!!)

When Mr. Man brought in the dishwasher, the kids were beyond curious. Mr. T seemed quite puzzled at how a machine was going to wash our dishes. I think he expected it to stand at the sink and wash them! The first morning with our new dishwasher we awoke to find it filled with all the kids' clean dishes they could stuff into it! After a bit of "training" the kids now do all the dish duty... from clearing and rinsing and loading to unloading and putting away! Very nice!!! Mr. T is still a bit puzzled when he puts his favorite cup in at breakfast and it's not clean by lunch - the concept of the machine having to "run" is a bit too confusing for him! But I have to say, the hum of the dishwasher as we head to bed is so comforting and reassuring and a little more enjoyable than the a, hum, of my husband, ah, expressing his opinion of dirty dishes! (Though he has been the best dishwasher a girl could ever want!!!)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Chris came running from the computer to say, "Did you see the pics of Renee's newest addition?" And thinking you finally had the baby I came running down the stairs. Oh, you are too funny! But what a happy day! There's nothing like being grateful for things after having been without them!!

Jodie said...

We just bought one last week!!! I just couldn't stand another day of grumbling about the dirty dishes in the dirty kitchen (my grumbling, of course!). Plus it's like pulling teeth to get Adrian to wash some...so I fought and won. Hooray for dishwashers. I find that I'm looking for things to stuff in it so that I can run another load. It is just so satisfying! :) Congrats on your new addition...sorry it's not your kid. Yet. :)

Amy said...

Oh very funny Marjie Renee! I thought to myself, "maybe I should check the Gilpin blog to see if she's had her baby." Then I see "our newest addition" and gues what it took about 20 seconds for the picture to load. I did see the joke disclaimer at the bottom, but I was still confused because of the lack of pictures. Very Funny. Congrats on your dishwasher.

Anonymous said...

You're such a tease!! I guess the Olive Garden dinner didn't work after all!! I'm so happy for you and your great new appliance. Soon you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!

Shauna said...

LOL I Love it! You're so fun! I'm really grateful for you. I would DIE without a dishwasher. I think I load my dishwasher x2 a day and still do hand dishes. Happy Washing. :)

Anonymous said...

Mom had a fun time saying your new blog entry mentioned you had a "new addition" without any other context and my mouth dropped!!

Phew! That was close. But we can relate to the clean kitchen feeling as we now have a dishwasher too. Hum away!!!

But please bring another new addition soon!!

Unknown said...

I have a dishwasher in my new place as well and I feel exactly the same! I LOVE it!!! My kitchen has been spotless since we moved here and you can just ask Kendra how often that happened before (which was basically after she cleaned...).

As for no baby-- I'm so sorry you're overdue! Just remember that this too shall pass...

Missy said...

Fun! I love dishwashers. They're so great these days, too. No prewashing required for most models. It's awesome.

Sorry you're overdue! I know your pain. I was dilated to a 2 2 weeks before Neils was due so really got my hopes up... and still went 2 weeks over!! SO sad. We tried it all, but could never track down the restaurant that supposedly made the "babymaker pizza" coveted by all overdue women. It's good to know that no matter what, it will eventualy come out, you know?

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...