Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Countdown...

I had my checkup today. My Dr. said he's been sitting by his phone at night waiting for me to call. I told him it was hard to do when I have a doctor who refuses to induce me... he admitted that he hates crazy doctors like that too! I told him it was my birthday and that I hoped he would have some good news for me... and he did! My body is much more ready than it was a week ago and at almost a 3, he's more than encouraging me to get in and have this baby already! So tomorrow morning we will hurry to the hospital, get hooked up on drugs and push this little guy into our lives!

I am sooooooooo ready for this!

In re-reading my journal entries about my last three births, this final thought after Little E was born made me chuckle:
"It is such a feeling of power to give birth. I did so well with my breathing and contractions… I feel really good about this experience (at least until I was sick with the infection). I would much rather give birth than be pregnant for nine months. I hate being pregnant. Remember that."

So wish me luck and soon I'll have a new birth story to add to my collection!

11 comments:

Ally said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I thought of you several times today and hoping you would have good news from Dr. C. I'm anxiously awaiting the news!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Thanks Ally! BTW - that "naked" pic was just for you!!!

Jodie said...

Oh, I've been thinking about you today, too. I am excited for you to finally have him! Good luck and I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Lori said...

Good Luck, Renee! Can't wait to see your new little one!

Jenny said...

We'll be thinking of you and Mr. Man all day tomorrow. I can't wait to hear the birth story! Good luck, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and Happy Birthing!

Dana and ohana said...

Happy Birthday! and enjoy meeting your new little guy tomorrow! You guys are in our thoughts!

Shauna said...

Yeah! I'm really excited for you!I'm totally the same way. . .I really enjoy giving birth, but not so much being pregnant. :) Happy Birthday to you! Good luck can't wait to hear your good news.

Shawny said...

Happy B-day! Hang in there. This baby will come. Does it help that you look beautiful pregnant?

Lily said...

HAppy Birthday to you and a perhaps as I write this I should also say "Happy Birthday" to baby. Congrtas to you and your whole family :)
Looking forward to the story and pics.

Rachel said...

You are NOW at the hospital welcoming your new little addition!
I have not been on the computer in a LONG time to check blogs, but have been thinking about you! CONGRATS and I look forward to finding out if you have a little prince or princess!!!!

Kendra said...

I've been checking on here anxiously awaiting some news...so glad for you finally! Happy Birthday to both of you then! Good luck!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...