Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Primary Responsibilities

After a whirlwind weekend settling back in to our home, running errands, enjoying having Daddy around and even celebrating getting older and wiser, life has resumed and with it all of my responsibilities.

Yesterday we awoke early to see Greg off; back to TO for a couple more weeks to finish his "projects" while I tend to mine here. We went to "our" park for a couple of hours, played with some favourite friends and even went to a birthday party before I took off to a primary meeting. I'm busy clearing away spider webs, making new charts, trying to fill primary callings and also finding time to breathe and relax in my own space once again!

The kids are flying around the house in a daze at how many toys there are! They haven't even noticed the boxes of toys I have sold, given away or put aside for my sister. Julia is in heaven having her room back and is busy getting ready for kindergarten. This includes packing and re-packing her backpack with all the princess school supplies, trying on her back-to-school outfits over and over, and attempting to wake up before 9am. Tyler got his cast off on Monday(you should have seen the sand that came out of it) and is doing pretty good getting around. It breaks my heart to see him hobbling, but he's faring pretty well as a super hero once again. Oh, and he is also wearing boxer briefs full-time now. (The treat thing is a miracle cure!) Ethan is wearing pull-ups, and.... drum role please... I am no longer a consumer of diapers of any kind. Knock on wood, but this is exciting! Cost effective, time effective and mood effective! I am a happy Mama with a kindergartner, a preschooler and a toddler! And, I'm HOME!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww poor tyler. well i also have a limp from my knee surgery so i can know how it it. i cannot believe julia is already starting school. its craziness! well talk to you all soon. love you guys!

Kristy said...

Welcome home!

I made charts today for my kiddos and thought of you.

Anne Marie said...

Hooray for getting home and back into the normal routine. Poor Tyler! What a trooper.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...