Friday, August 11, 2006

Brainy

Last night I was ignoring my children in an effort to play piano and regain my after-dinner-as-a-single-mother-sanity. Julia was doing everything she could to get my attention. Here’s my favourite attempt:

Having fallen to the ground after spinning around as close to me as she possibly could, Julia started crying hysterically – and with full body drama right at my feet! When that didn’t work, she approached me and declared, “I think I broke my brain. Maybe my brain fell out... it’s leaking all over! Oh, hi – I don’t think I remember your name. What’s your name?” It worked. I cracked up and she got her hug and her brain rubbed back into shape! That girl!

5 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

Renee,
I'm glad you guys are back home safe and sound. You've had quite a summer! Good luck being a single Mom for a few more weeks- I'm sure you're eager to settle into complete normalcy again. I'm sure things will be great!
Rachel

My Many Coloured Days said...

Rachel - what happened to your blog?

singin'mama said...

Renee,
That is hysterical! You never really know what will come out of their mouth next. Hey, I'm having trouble getting pictures to publish on my blog. Have you noticed the same? I'm wondering if it's the website or something. I'm really not too smart about these things.

Anne Marie said...

I love it. Kids say the wackiest things.

Michelle said...

What a crack up!! She is certainly a character...I'm glad they know when we need a laugh.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...