Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I lost my cool.

Situation: Driving on highway for almost 2 hrs in heavy taffic (& on only about 3hrs of sleep). Child #1 sleeping. Child #2 babbling deliriously with 104 degree fever. Child #3 sleeping vey soundly... snoring even. Suddenly Child #1 wakes and starts crying about how badly they have to go PEE RIGHT NOW! What do you do?

I should have pulled over at an exit and had child #1 pee into one of child #3's diapers... remained calm and gotten back on the highway without screaming, cursing, causing a huge scene at a gas station where child #1 refused to go into alone and thus peed all over themself, the car and said gas station's pad. I should have been supportive, loving and sane. I wasn't.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee. I finally got to take a look. Glad that you are doing well up in Canada. Don't worry about losing your cool today. I lost mine too!! Several times. We are getting ready to move tomorrow, hence the episodes. I will keep checking out you site. I love it! Take care.

Anonymous said...

You just need more sleep, friend.

Michelle said...

Have you heard the song "Lullaby for Me" by Michael McLean? If so, sing it to yourself now. If not, then go buy it on itunes and listen. It's one of my favorites during times like these, of which there are many :)

Kate said...

Two peas in a pod... tomorrow's a new day... kids have short memories. I second "Lullaby for Me" by Michael McLean.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Thanks guys. I'll be downloading that song before the next "episode"!!!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...