Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mustaches

I just can't help myself.  I LOVE to play tricks on people.  Some mornings when I'm watering my plants and a runner, dog walker, or stroller pusher walks by, I have to mentally and physically hold myself back from spraying them with my hose.  If you happen to walk by and see me smiling, know that it's a grimace that I'm barely holding back.  At any rate, I knew there had to be at least one little trick to take place at a giant family sleepover.  My childhood best friend and I were the queens of playing pranks during sleepovers.  So I planned ahead and packed some (washable) markers for attacking the children while they were sleeping.  My plan was merely mustaches, but the angry bird eyebrows just sort of followed suit.  It makes me giddy just looking at them.  A few mustaches were quite long due to moving-in-their-sleep children (how dare they!)  My sister bit my head off and made me pledge allegiance to NOT attacking her children (granted hers are much younger and she had JUST gotten them all to sleep).  Funny thing was, in the morning, her daughter basically begged to be "markered" so that she could fit in with the pranked cousins.  (Notice Miss J is nowhere to be seen in these photos as she promptly washed off the foul prank.)



(Love Miss M's fully-stuffed face here - and check out Little R sticking his tongue out as he concentrates on filling his pannekoeken!)

1 comment:

Memories On The Go said...

Your 'little trick' was tame & fun--I better be prepared for 'bigger & better' at the next family sleepover! The kids certainly looked good in the morning and quite surprised when they looked in the mirror :)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...