Monday, August 22, 2011

Da Museum

Straight out of the 50's! The museum we went to on our camping trip was so different from any museum we'd been to before. There were the regular no-touch exhibits which we bored the kids through and then there were plenty of hands on and outdoor exhibits to explore as well.

What kid doesn't want to climb on old army tanks and helicopters?

There was basically an antique town set up with old building to look at and explore. This dentist office was slightly scary, and I wish I'd thought to take a picture of the old salon that looked more like a torture chamber with electric shock therapy available upon request.
And I fell in love with this old mailbox. Seriously. The colour alone is fabulous, now I just need to think of a place for it to go in my home... and a big bribe for the museum...

It was a great way to spend a hot afternoon and totally worth $2! Again, we'll be back I'm sure.

2 comments:

lani said...

What a place! No wonder your kids loved it--all the hands-on, climbing on stuff would be great. And the camping/water looked beautiful. A perfect end to summer

bryceandjamie said...

I bet your kids loved it! What a cool place to visit and step back in time!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...