Sunday, July 25, 2010

Like Father Like Son

Remember THIS?

Recently Mr. T decided to ride his bike down our local sledding hill, unsupervised. He had a great run his first try, but on his second round he bit the dust. His friend said his feet were flying in the air and his bike was upside down above him. I'm impressed he didn't break any bones.

The outing was with another family that we love spending our days with. They have four kids almost exactly our kids' ages and we just enjoy each other tremendously. First we rode our bikes over to the creek to swim... and nobody drowned, not even close. The the kids were climbing a HUGE pile of rocks, and nobody suffered too much from all the rockslides they created. So really, the bike crash was inescapable. We were definitely pushing our injury luck. I didn't have my camera that day, but took these pics a couple of days later.


Now, my brave boy tells the story with gusto. He, apparently, loved every minute of it. I have been taking him to "smaller" hills to practice his mountain biking skills. He can't help it; it's in his genes.

Speaking of which, Mr. Man rode in a 10 mile mountain bike race yesterday and came in fifth. Not bad for an old guy! (I can say that because it was his birthday too!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the offical record, it was 10 Miles not 10 K!

Tony said...

Ouch! That reminds me of when I accidentally hit my brother in the eye with a baseball (yes, it was an accident...)

Hope he's feeling better!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...