Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Drastic Measures

I confiscated all of Mr. T's money.

With a dollar a week for allowance, this represents quite the stash for him. It reduced him to tears, and hateful glances in my direction. But it had to be done.
So far, Mr. T has lost the following at school:

-blue hooded fleece jacket
-running shoes with orthopedic braces
-hood for winter coat
-hat
-scarf
-lunch box
-green hooded sweatshirt
-blue water bottle
-backpack
-about a dozen little tupperware snack containers
(I may be missing some things that we haven't noticed are missing yet or I just can't recall)

Basically it's bad. I've spent a lot of time digging through the ginormous lost and found bins at his school. He tries, but never seems to have success. It's unbelievable how much STUFF kids lose at school. Mr. T always comments when he sees the amount of STUFF that there must be a lot of unhappy Moms. Yup. The kid leaves a trail everywhere he goes in my house, so I figure he must just do the same thing at school, except nobody gets after him about it there and it just goes missing. When faced with having to pay for the replacement costs, it's amazing what he has been able to find and recently NOT lose. So hopefully this re-payment plan for replacing items will work. Any other ideas would be welcome. That lost and found bin is gross.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Drastic times call for drastic measure! Hopefully it will work:)

I love that picture too- the one with the bride in the middle and the adoring parents flanking her side!

Please tell me what photo editing program you have!

Jennifer said...

holy cow...that is a lot of lost stuff...I don't blame you for taking drastic measures and it sounds like they are working :)

Ally said...

Meanie Mom!!

Laura said...

Awesome! Way to use Love and Logic, woman! Better to learn on small things... I'm glad it is working. I hate to say it (because it is extra work for you) but--if their lost and found is that big a mess, you are going to have to get out a sharpie and a fabric marker and put his full name, grade, and teacher on EVERYTHING. It's sad, but if it isn't totally easy for the "finder", they will just toss it in the mess. It stinks, but at some schools it is your only hope to not buy 30 pairs of mittens every winter. I resented it at first because you have to "update" the info when things get passed down, but at least it isn't lost before it can be handed down! LOL! Plus, I love the clothing clips you can get at Wal-mart. You could probably clip his mittens and his hat to his coat. Just label the clips, too... ;-)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...