Monday, July 27, 2009

My Daughter: The Feminist

There have been numerous comments made by Miss J in the last few months that have led me to believe that I am raising a strong feminist. Some I have overheard, others have been reported to me by friends or teachers. Tonight for Family Home Evening we had a treasure hunt that consisted of a bunch of clues leading them ultimately to the scriptures that were open to Matthew 6:20-22 - the "lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" and "for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" scripture. It was fun and a nice break from our "house" for a bit. One of the clues was:

Man cannot live by THIS alone. Look where we keep THIS and you will find your next clue.

Mr. Man coaxed the kids by asking them if they recalled the scripture that talked about something that man cannot live without (the correct response being "bread"). Miss J's immediate response and guess was: "Women!"

I nearly died laughing. Mr. Man admitted that she was right, but that this was another thing that man cannot live without. Love this spunky girl who is, ironically, surrounded by brothers day in and day out! She is a treasure in and of herself.


And feminist or not, her favourite colour is still "pink and purple".

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I love it!!! That is too funny! She is one smart girl! :)

Amy said...

Your little feminist looks like she has very strong sholders and arms in that beach pictures where she is covered with sand.

That sounds like a fun FHE.

Kristy said...

How funny! Miss J is getting so tall!

Laura said...

You go, Miss J! I couldn't agree more!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...