Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Summer

Summer is upon us. Joyful, hot summer – and perhaps our last with such soaring temperatures. Mr. Man and I head out for our house-hunting trip together and noticeably absent in most of the homes we have hopes of happening upon is A/C. Truth be told I had never heard of the term before I married Mr. Man and made the States my home. In Canada we call it “air conditioning” a long term, but so seldom used nor present in many homes that we have the time to say it when the need arises. Right now, as we hit 86 degrees yesterday and today promises high 90s I am in love with my A/C.

The kids are in love with the slip and slide, and today yields our summer weekly “Tuesday Adventure” complete with water balloons and ice cream bars which are sure to melt all over us. I have to PLAN adventures into our schedule because that’s just the way I am. I let my to-do lists and schedules dictate my life way too much, and so I’ve had to plan and schedule in some fun as well. And with all my planning and forward-thinking, this summer is looking promising, and fun for everyone.

Now I’m off to peruse my new town and hopefully next time I post I will be 30 years shy of owning our new home!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I do dread hot...I adore A/C. Can not wait to hear how house hunting goes :)

MOM said...

Good luck on your house hunting adventure. I will be praying for you both to know and feel which house is to become your new home.

Brooke said...

Your adventures sound like fun! I'm excited for your real adventure in finding a house! but what more can I say than what your mom said. Good luck!

Laura said...

I was just blogging about summer, too! Weird! LOL Good luck house hunting. I'm sure you will find a great place. Location, Location, Location, right?

Amy said...

Your line about A/C terminology has me gigling. You are so funny! Glad you schedule fun into your daily routines:) Best wishes for swift home ownership!

lani said...

Can't wait to hear about your home finding trip! Good luck with it all. And summer is the best--can't wait until the kids are finally out of school--one week to go!

singin'mama said...

Good Luck!I'm sure you'll find just the thing!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...