Thursday, June 11, 2009

Front Entry

Our Plan B house - which was actually the first house we were considering - had zero front entry. You walked right into the front room or right up the stairs (similar to what we live in right now). The house we chose has the most beautiful front entry ever - we love it so much! The square footage of the front entry isn't huge, but what makes it seem spectacular is the 30 foot high ceiling and hanging chandelier. I wish I'd taken better pictures, but you'll have to come visit in order to get the full effect. I present to you our new front entry:

{the front door from the living room}
{stairwell and great closet that goes all the way behind the stairs - sort of Harry Potter-ish and may be a small play/toy area - we'll see}
{here we see the top of the door, the 1/2 bath door and the high ceiling and chandelier}
{from upstairs looking down to the front entry}
{the stairs go up, have a landing, and then turn and go the rest of the way - this HUGE window brings in so much light and is just spectacular... I just hope nobody slides down the railing and out the window!!!}

6 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful! I can see why you love it. I love lots of windows and sunshine. It may be snowy there in the winter, but just imagine when the sun is reflecting off of the snow--your house will be just glowing inside! And you're absolutely right, you will have to have a STRICT "no sliding down the railing" rule at your house! LOL

Dana and ohana said...

we have a Harry Potter closet and thats what we call it. Congrats

Kate said...

Ahhh, I'm loving the pictures of your new house! It is beautiful, congratulations. We have a similar two story opening above our front door ... it is PERFECT for the Air Hogs Rocket Launcher.

Jennifer said...

oh my that front door would have made my decision for me....what a great front door :)

Lily said...

The house looks FANTASTIC! Congratulations to you and your gang

Brooke said...

it does look beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...